Astute Business Solutions is an Oracle Cloud and PeopleSoft consulting firm based in Pleasanton, CA. Astute Business Solutions is currently looking for a consultant for the following role.
Job Title: PeopleSoft Managed Services Lead or Manager for FSCM/HCM/CS
Location: Pleasanton, CA
- Plan and support the delivery of managed services across a large IT infrastructure environment, to include - Change, Configuration and Release Management
- Provide expertise in the planning and execution of transitioning new and changed services into operations; ensuring the requirements of Service Strategy and Service Design are effectively realized in Service Operations
- Manage a standardized method or process for the efficient and prompt handling of all requested changes; implement a Change Board to review and approve proposed changes and that unauthorized changes are not allowed
- Identify, define and implement needed enhancements in the methods, standards and processes to better enable teams and constructive enterprise applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Provide expert troubleshooting for isolating technical problems in the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) including databases application servers, process schedulers Application Messaging (Integration Broker), and Web Servers
- Identify, control, record, report, audit & verify service assets and configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes and relationships
- Provide a consistent and standardized process to determine the performance of services
- Lead Managed Services team personnel and sustaining a professional, technical & administrative support staff adequate to accomplish defined and anticipated contractual tasks
- Perform supervisory duties for assigned team, to include training, performance reviews and development/maintaining job descriptions
- Ensure Managed Services team performance compliance with prime contract requirements and pricing schedules
- Prepare cost performance reports as required by contract deliverable
- Ensure that all modifications to operational environments are planned, managed & coordinated to facilitate smooth transition into live operations
- Provide knowledge and information about services, service assets and service-related processes
- Active participation in development of service transition policies and processes
- Perform systems development analysis including use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, requirements validation and verification
- Work closely with internal program and customer to develop a strategic roadmap to recommend and implement new services that meet customer needs
- Active participation in program baseline management and risk and opportunity management
- Attend technical exchange meetings with team members and other program personnel and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development and delivery of requirements of assigned systems
- Provide document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
- Support Task Order efforts as required for delivery of new systems or services. Manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Acts as a change agent to transition to a managed services model
- Ensures service delivery compliance with SLAs and quality
- Primary POC for Customer for all deployed managed services
- Experienced in Managed Services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 10+ years of hands on experience in Managed Services
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing a managed services team in high paced environment- deployed at various customer sites and offshore delivery center.
- At least 10+ years of experience in PeopleSoft administration
- Expert understanding and ability to support the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) and related infrastructure components (operating system, database, storage, network, etc.).
- Experience with change and release management procedures
- Expert knowledge of the PeopleSoft application toolset including Application Designer, SQR, COBOL, nVision, Integration Broker, and Process Scheduler.
- Ability to monitor system resources and take action as deemed necessary to ensure high availability, accessibility, and performance.
- Experience applying application patches and images, PeopleTools patches and completing migrations – PUM and Change Assistant
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure experience is preferred
- Occasional travel is required.