Astute Business Solutions is an Oracle Cloud and PeopleSoft consulting firm based in Pleasanton, CA. Astute Business Solutions is currently looking for a consultant for the following role.
Job Title: Oracle Cloud Architect
Job Duration: FTE
Job Location: Pleasanton, CA or Dallas, TX
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in deeply technical architectural discussions with customers, and Oracle field personnel to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the Cloud.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
• Author or contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, handbooks, reference architectures and presentations.
•Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
•Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
•Work with customers with the goal of making them solid references on the OCI container services platform
• Participate in and become a well known thought leader in the Docker, Kubernetes, container and DevOps community
•Demonstrated experience in architecting, deploying and management of solutions. Past experience working directly in customer implementations is highly desirable.
. Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
• In depth experiences with containers, in particular with Docker and Kubernetes based systems
• Possess 10 years of IT development or implementation/consulting experience in the software or infrastructure industries and demonstrate an intermediate understanding of applications, server technology, networking and security.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Past experience writing and publishing technical white papers.
• The successful candidate will have spent at least 5 years of their career in customer facing roles with a proven record of earning trust as well as effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and in interactions with partner and customers.
• BS/MS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree with Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus.
• Experience migrating or transforming customer solutions to the cloud.
• Familiarity with common enterprise solutions (i.e.,PeopleSoft, Oracle-EBS , SAP, VMWare, etc.)
• Experience with other cloud platform including AWS, Azure or Google Compute Platform is a plus.
• Experience with Infrastructure Automated Deployment models preferably leveraging CI/CD supported by DevOps teams
• Experience with other container orchestration systems such as Docker Swarm, Mesos or Nomad