Job Title: Ellucian Banner Tech Architect
Location: Plano TX or Pleasanton, CA
Job Type: Contract or Full Time
: Astute Business Solutions is looking for a Ellucian Banner Tech Architect who
is responsible for supporting the business departments and their interaction with the various
business applications in use.
Our Cloud Services group has a proven track record of delivering exceptional services to clients
around the globe. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and motivated Senior
Tech Architect to join our Application Services Team. Our team is responsible for
delivering high performance, high availability, and high stability Oracle Cloud applications to our
clients by troubleshooting, tuning and configuring their entire technology stack including
WebLogic server, Tomcat application server, Linux operating system, and Oracle database
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Ellucian Banner Tech Architect will play an integral role in the success of the group.
- Banner Migration Project Planning
- Infrastructure Design and Implementation
- Data Migration
- Banner installation and upgrades
- Internet2 Networking and Oracle FastConnect Consulting
- Database & application installation, configuration and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Develop and implement backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization
- Subject matter expert in providing detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for Oracle and Ellucian technologies and products
- Script to automate common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business goals
- Publish, improve and maintain technical documentation along with processes and procedures
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies and problem-solving techniques
- Participate in after hours on-call process
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
- Three years or more experience with Ellucian Banner including Banner Student Information System (SIS) job related function such as in Higher Education Programmer or Analyst role.
- Master's degree
- Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, statistics or
- a related field.
- Five years of experience with Ellucian Banner in job related function and three years or more experience with Ellucian Banner maintenance support preferred.