Astute Business Solutions is an Oracle Cloud Select partner focused on helping PeopleSoft, EBS, JDE and OBIEE clients migrate and manage their application workloads on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. We are the leading Oracle partner for Lift and Shift PeopleSoft to OCI and we are rapidly expanding our Cloud capabilities to Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Management Cloud, Exadata Cloud Service and Oracle Digital Assistant (Chatbots). We are currently looking for a highly motivated individuals who want to transform their careers with Oracle Cloud to join our team.
Job Title: PeopleSoft on Cloud Admin/DBA
Location: Plano, TX
A successful PS on Cloud Admin/DBA candidate will have hands-on demonstrated experience with the installation, configuration, and maintenance AND implementation of PeopleSoft V9.2 PeopleTools 8.56 applications with Oracle Databases, DbaaS, and other database services.
- Install, configure and verify PeopleSoft with Oracle 12c database on Linux
- Install and configure third-party applications for PeopleSoft such as WebLogic, Tuxedo, Cobol etc
- Install and configure multiple environments required for upgrade, development, testing and UAT
- Install and configure Fluid UI, ElasticSearch
- Oracle Cloud Manager experience
- Be an expert with PIA and PeopleSoft Portal technologies
- Experience in application and Tools upgrade, preferably Version 9.2
- Create & configure components such as file servers, web, application, process scheduler domains and PeopleBooks
- Experience in configuring Integration Broker, Single Sign-on with LDAP in PeopleTools 8.56/8.57/8.58
- Provide technical administration and migration support for non-production PeopleSoft environments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and under an established time-line
- Experience with Unix scripting is preferred
- Experience working with Oracle advanced features such as Real Application Cluster (RAC), Data Guard, Golden Gate and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Restore Oracle database from RMAN backups
- Backup and recovery processes and technologies using Oracle RMAN
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle Data Guard environments for disaster recovery and standby
- Provide support onsite, offshore, offsite to US and Global Customers
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Database Cloud Service (DBaaS) is a huge plus.
- Database and SQL performance tuning and optimization
- Oracle Database 12c or higher experience.
- Broad technical knowledge of on-premise and cloud infrastructure solutions for Oracle DB
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining shell-scripts
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL
- Deep understanding of database encryption technologies (TDE)
- Deep experience with Oracle DB Container and Pluggable DBs
- Troubleshoot and resolve DB configuration and performance issues
- AWS Amazon Redshift experience is good to have
- Physical Disk Storage skills - Understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers, and disk load balancing are beneficial to any Oracle professional.
- Data Security skills - An understanding of relational database security including role-based security is useful, especially for US Government positions.
- Backup and Recovery skills - Recovery methods involve third-party software (Veritas, Legato, ADSM), and the candidate should have real-world experience implementing backup and recovery methods.
- Change Control Management skills - Knowledge of third-party change control tools such as the UNIX Source Code Control System (SCCS) is beneficial.